Introduction to Food growing
Learn to grow your own food in this one day workshops at Siolta Chroí . Join Joanne Butler from OURganic Gardens and let her introduce you to the fundamentals of food growing while looking after our environment and surrounding biodiversity.
This course is suited for anyone who plans to start a food garden. It is filled with practical tips and demonstrations
In this course we will learn
- How to regenerate and prepare the soil
- Which vegetables work well to grow in Ireland
- How to sow seeds properly
- What pests and diseases to look out for
- How to identify and manage weeds naturally
- How to working with nature rather than against it .
- How to make good compost and a wormery
Joanne Butler from OURganics. OURganic Gardens is an outdoor educational garden focused on Food Growing, Re-connection and Permaculture Design. They are based in North West Donegal. Ireland. Joanne has many years of experiences growing vegetable and working in community gardens. She has a massive depth of knowledge to offer you about growing your own food.